Maxmind licenseReading time: 0 minutes
From the 2.16 release, Mautic has supported using a license key to access the Maxmind IP lookup service.
Follow these steps to configure your Mautic instance to use the license key.
- Create a MaxMind account by going to Maxmind Signup
- After logging in, go to "My License Key" on the left hand side in the menu
- Click "Generate new License Key". Answer "Will this key be used for GeoIP Update?" with No
- Copy the license key that you see on the screen
- Go to Mautic > Configuration > System Settings > Miscellaneous Settings and enter the license key into the "IP lookup service authentication" field
- Click "Fetch IP Lookup Data Store". This will download the IP lookup database to your Mautic instance.
- Set up the cron job to periodically download a fresh copy.