Maxmind licenseReading time: 1 minute
From the 2.16 release, Mautic has supported using a license key to access the Maxmind IP lookup service.
From the 3.2 release the format for the license key needs to be AccountID:Licensekey. Account ID is displayed above the license keys table.
Follow these steps to configure your Mautic instance to use the license key.
- Create a MaxMind account by going to Maxmind Signup
- After signup, check your email and click on access your Maxmind Account.
- Click on the Contact icon at the top right of the menu to login
- After logging in, under services click on "My License Key" on the left hand side in the menu
- Then, Click on Generate new License Key
- Answer "Will this key be used for GeoIP Update?" with No and confirm
- Copy the license key that you see on the screen and note down the Account ID above the license key table
- Go to Mautic > Settings > Configuration > System Settings > Miscellaneous Settings and enter the license key into the "IP lookup service authentication" field in the format AccountID:Licensekey. Account ID is displayed above the license keys table
- Click "Fetch IP Lookup Data Store". This will download the IP lookup database to your Mautic instance.
- Set up the cron job to periodically download a fresh copy.