Overview of Mautic
The Mautic platform helps you create a strong marketing strategy for your business. With Mautic, you can:
- Connect with your contacts over channels like Emails, Text Messages, Social media, and Focus Items.
- Segment your contacts based on business requirements and personalize your marketing strategy for each segment.
- Create personalized Campaigns to engage with your contacts.
- Use performance metrics in Dashboards, Reports, Points, and Stages to measure the efficiency of your marketing strategy.
How it works
Let us understand how the different pieces of Mautic fit together to give you a holistic marketing platform experience.
Build a rich and functional database of Contacts for your business, group them together based on your business needs or based on shared attributes.
- Contacts: Individuals who have visited your websites or interacted with your business in some way. They may be known or unknown visitors. Contacts are the primary factor of a marketing automation platform.
- Segments: A group of your Contacts that share certain attributes. For example, you may segment Contacts based on a contact’s location. This may help you easily send out location-based offers or promotions to this specific group of Contacts.
- Companies: A group of Contacts based on the Company(ies) that the Contact is assigned to.
Create and manage various types of content that you will use for your marketing campaigns to engage your Contacts.
- Assets: Valubable items that you provide to your Contacts upon completion of a form. Whitepapers, a downloadable application/file, documents or videos are some examples of assets.
- Forms: Forms are the primary point of customer contact. They're used to collect user information, often in exchange for providing access to an Asset such as a download, an event registration, or an email newsletter.
- Landing Pages: A powerful feature that not only allows you to promote content quickly and easily, but also allows you to rapidly create pages that are tightly tailored for a specific purpose, such as an advertising campaign.
- Dynamic Content: A feature that you can use to personalize the web experience for your contacts. Marketers can display different content to different people in specific areas of a webpage.
With your Contact information and the Components in place, you can now start to create customized marketing activities for your Contacts. Such marketing activities are created primarily in Campaigns.
Choose one or more Channels to deliver the content and messages to your Contacts.
- Marketing Messages: A way to personalize communication with your contacts. With marketing messages, contacts will receive your content on a channel they’ve set as their preference.
- Emails: Use built-in Email templates to send messages to a group of your contacts, or send personalized messages to specific contacts.
- Focus Items: A type of web personalization that enables marketers to embed on a webpage pop-up messages and forms, bars and splash screens based on the contact's behavior. By using Focus Items, you can easily convert visitors into known Contacts.
- Social Monitoring: Marketers can add contacts to Mautic through Twitter mentions and hashtags.
Analyze trends and assess the performance of your marketing strategy using various tools.
- Dashboard: A high-level representation of Contact data, Campaigns, and activities. You can create a highly personalized dashboard based on the information that you want to track.
- Reports: A tool to measure the effectiveness of your marketing Campaigns, Emails, Forms, or page hits. Reports also let you troubleshoot or workaround areas of improvement to enhance your marketing strategy.
- Points: A score that is an indicator of progress for a Contact or customer. Points are a way for marketers to measure which of their Contacts are the most engaged based on their interactions and behavior.
- Stages: A customizable feature that enables you to keep a track of where your Contacts are in their marketing/sales journey.